❤ I can officially say my slump is finally over!! May was my month to finally get over it and I LOVED IT!!!! I enjoyed May so much and the amount of books that were released…WOW. Honestly I think it was all the new releases that made me want to start reading again all the time and now that school is out, I have all the time in the world to read. I read three books this month and I have to say — this still isn’t like me but at least there is more than 0. Let us get into this..
- First on the list if the amazing Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. I was so surprised by this book, that in a bad way (don’t worry) but this book…it took a turn I was not expecting. I don’t want to say much more because I am on the third book now and I will have a review shortly.
- Second book was Match by Ally Condle. I feel terrible because this book took me so long to get through, I started it back in March and never got into it. I always read about three books at a time, one for morning reads (something light), one that I am crazy about and then a night read (I only read one chapter a night, maybe two if I’m not crazy tired). This book was a night read…sadly. I want to give it another chance and just take a day or two and just read through it again. I loved the story line and the characters, although I wished it went another way which will be in the review.
- Lastly I read Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. I wanted to read this book so I could jump right into Kings Cage but ummmm, I jumped in A Court of Throne and Roses instead because A Court of Wings and Ruin…must I say more. I really enjoy this series. I love medieval which I have stated multiple time my only problem is which I said in my review for Red Queen, after some chapters it becomes repetitive. Then the end hits and your like WHAT?!?!?!
❤ Now onto the JUNE TBR!!! I am so excited for this month. I don’t work much and I only take an hour for my writing, unless the inspiration is flowing. So without further ado…
- Of Course, A Court of Thrones and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I am pretty far into this book because I am in love. I will try and update Goodreads soon, I always forget to update my status on my books.
- Second Book will be Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. This series will be the death of me but I must finish it because I heard the sixth installments release date will be announced soon.
- Odd Birds by Ian Harding. I know this is an odd choice for me to pick but someone said they read it and it was really good. Now I am not a big or small fan of YouTuber or Celebrity books but I’m willing to give Ian a chance. I read some articles about the book (no spoilers thank you very much to the articles) and asked some people if they enjoyed it and most of them said it was a nice light read, which I need in my life.
- Kings Cage by Victoria Aveyard. I really want to finish the series because I have really enjoyed it. Yet again I have high hopes for this because I feel like Victoria did better with the reputation in Glass Sword and I hope she does even better with this one because I really love the characters.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling. Do I even need to explain this? June 26, 1997 was the birth of the Harry Potter series and the best day of my life…even though I wasn’t conceived yet. Wait two years then I was born…the year this book was most popular. Of course I had to read this book again just because the 20th House Editions of the book were just releases and yes, I did get a Ravenclaw (the other will arrive later, Ravenclaw comes first).
I am so excited to jump into June and read all these amazing books. I’ll talk to you all again soon!! ❤